MQR Mixtape is a new, online imprint of Michigan Quarterly Review. Four times a year, guest curators will select eclectic texts and audiovisual material from a diverse group of writers and artists.
In addition to short stories, essays, and poetry, MQR Mixtape welcomes work that isn’t standard fare in most literary journals.
A non-exhaustive list of the type of work Mixtape welcomes:
- Multimedia work
- Collaborations (within and across disciplines)
- Archival materials
- Genre fiction (including, but not limited to, detective fiction and speculative fiction)
- Science writing
- The opening pages of works in progress
- Photo essays
- Personal photo albums
- Short films
- Home movies
- Meditations on favorite poems or stories
- Recorded conversations and podcast-style recordings
- Flash fiction
- Short plays
MQR Mixtape pays all contributors.