Junrong Li

2022 COHORT

, , , , , ,

From the outbreak of the financial crisis to the advent of the era of big data, from quantitative trading to risk management, quantitative methods, and programming has been fully integrated with the realm of finance.

The ever-changing information technology promotes the integration of many subjects. It’s these facts that give me the courage to keep pursuing my second master which is Quantitative Finance after I graduated from Columbia University, where I majored in Mechanical Engineering as a master’s student which seems completely unrelated to Finance. However, it is during my postgraduate study that I for the first time learned the major of quantitative finance and risk management, which to my excitement, conforms to my academic expectations of finance and mathematics, and engineering.

I am fond of designing and utilizing mathematical models for financial trading, mainly with computer programming, including derivatives pricing, risk valuation, or forecasting market behaviors. For my long-term goal, I hope to learn more about data science and machine learning and apply them in financial trading.

junrongl@umich.edu : Linkedin