We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019 MMSS Program.
There is no firm deadline for the application, as MMSS has rolling admissions. The application for the 2020 MMSS Program will open in early January. We encourage students to submit their materials as soon as possible, as many of our courses do fill up quickly!
Applications WILL NOT BE REVIEWED until we receive ALL of the following items:
- Online Registration & Application Form: You must create a University of Michigan Friend Account in the process.
- Letter of Recommendation: Upon application submission, a request for letter is sent to Recommender (email address required). Be sure your teacher knows you applied.
- Student Personal Statement: Submitted via electronic application.
- High School Transcript: Upload a scanned transcript directly to MMSS application (e-mail, fax, or airmail if necessary)
- $100 Application Fee: APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
Students who submit their application on or after April 2, 2019 do not have to submit their application fee in order for their application to be reviewed. If admitted, students WILL be required to pay the $100 application fee. ONCE PAID, THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE!
The MMSS program will make every attempt to honor the student’s top course preference, however, MMSS is a competitive program receiving twice as many applicants as available positions each year.
Step-By-Step Application Process
1. Create a University of Michigan Friend Account using a valid email address.
- Please use STUDENT email address, as there will be opportunity to provide parent email.
- Be sure to RECORD YOUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD information, as this account will be used to access all MMSS information for both the application and admissions process. The MMSS office will NOT be able to retrieve lost passwords for you. If you forgot your University of Michigan Friend Account password, contact University of Michigan Friend Account to reset your password.
2. Once you have successfully created a University of Michigan Friend Account, create an MMSS application.
3. Click on “Registration” tab and fill out required information fields. (You will receive confirmation email after this step.)
4. Continue on to the “Application” tab and enter appropriate information.
- When determining course preferences, please review the course listings, faculty bios, and pictures from the 2018 Daily Camper.
- Make sure a valid email address is inserted for Letter of Recommendation, as teachers will receive a request via email once your application is submitted.
5. If interested in requesting Financial Aid, please complete the Financial Aid section, and upload previous year Tax Return (please black out Social Security numbers).
6. You may save your application to revise at a later date if necessary, however, be sure to select “Submit” when complete!
- Selecting “Submit” will send an electronic confirmation of the application as well as a Letter of Recommendation request via email to the teacher.
7. To complete the application, please submit $100 non-refundable application fee.
- To submit via credit card, access the “paying” tab (electronic confirmation will be emailed upon submission).
- To submit via check or money order, please mail to the address listed below (with student identification information).
- PLEASE NOTE: Students who submit their application on or after April 2, 2019 do not have to submit their application fee in order for their application to be reviewed. If admitted, students WILL be required to pay the $100 application fee. ONCE PAID, THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE!
8. You may check back through the student portal to track your application progress.
- Once all items have been received (application, application fee, Letter of Recommendation, Personal Statement) your application will go under review.
9. All Application decisions will be communicated via the email address associated with the student’s MMSS account.
Unable to submit the application online?
If you are unable to utilize the online application, contact us at email@example.com or call our office at 734-647-4466.
E-mail/mail/fax your relevant hard copy application materials to:
Michigan Math and Science Scholars
University of Michigan
2074 East Hall
530 Church Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1043