FAQ

What will my child do during the visit?
In a typical study, your child will play a research game with one of our researchers. Sometimes parents are involved, too! During each visit, your child may participate in a number of fun tasks, such as naming toys or telling stories about pictures. All of our studies use noninvasive, behavioral measures.
Where do I park?
We provide free parking in the Church Street parking structure. It is conveniently located directly across the street from our building, East Hall. For more information, please refer to our driving directions page.
Can I bring my other children?
Of course! Our research staff are happy to play with your other children in our playroom while your child completes the study.
What ages are you working with?
Currently, our research focuses on children ages 2 – 7 years of age. If you would like more information about the research we’re presently doing, please contact us!
How long do the visits last?
Our studies generally last about 25-40 minutes, but we normally schedule appointments for an hour.
Will we receive compensation for participating?
Yes, you will receive $10.00 for participating and your child will receive a small gift.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
No worries! If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can just let us know by contacting us via phone or email.
How will I find out about the results of the studies?
We send out an annual newsletter, and also post the most up-to-date version here on our website. The newsletter includes overall results of our studies and does not include information about individual participants.