Lab Updates

Welcome to the Conceptual Development lab website! Here is where we will write updates about what is going on in the lab. From new members, to new findings and all the in-betweens- you can find out what’s going on in the lab here!

Want to know more? For more frequent updates, follow us on Twitter @UmichConceptLab or on Facebook @UmichConceptLab!

A Note from the Lab Manager- RA of the month

October 2018

A HUGE congratulations to our RA for the month of October, Aviva Nemeth! Aviva was nominated by Nicole, the Lab Manager, for her outstanding performance this month and incredible transition to the CDL team. Here’s a little bit about Aviva!

Name: Aviva Nemeth
Standing: Sophomore
Major: Undeclared, but looking to major in psychology and history with a minor in education
Interests: Early childhood development and multiculturalism in the classroom
Extra Curricular Activities: Prison Creative Arts Project, MuJew (a Muslim-Jewish dialogue group on campus), Hebrew school teacher, and involved with Hillel
Goals: I want to be a nursery school teacher or work in education policy!
Favorite Part of the Lab: The lobby/waiting room area. It’s so cute and cozy!
Favorite Food: Ice Cream
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Fun Fact: When I moved to Michigan it was my first time living in a state (I’m from Washington, DC)!

Thanks Aviva, for everything you do!
-The Conceptual Development Team

For more updates, check out our twitter (@umichconceptlab) or our Facebook (@umichconceptlab). For any questions, comments or concerns, email conceptlab@umich.edu!
Want to participate in a study? Click here to fill out an interest form. A lab member will contact you shortly after to talk more about our lab! You can also email conceptlab@umich.edu for more information.

A Note from the Lab Manager-

October 2018

Happy October! After a very busy and exciting September, the Conceptual Development lab is ready for what is to come in October.

This September, we welcomed a bunch of new members to our team. To check out our new Fall 2018 Research Assistants, click here! We have had a great experience with everyone thus far, and look forward to them continuing to be apart of our team.

Additionally, we’ve made a bunch of new changes to the lab including getting new toys and new decorations! We even have a new kids art wall, which lets you create and add your own decoration for our lab.

Thank you for reading and we look forward to connecting with you soon!

-Nicole Cuneo and the Conceptual Development Team!

September 2018

A HUGE congratulations to our RA of the month, Hannah Pride-Smith! Hannah was nominated by Nicole, the Lab Manager, for her outstanding performance this month. Here’s a little bit about Hannah!

Name: Hannah Pride- Smith

Standing: Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Interests: I am interested in working with people. I am also interested in the difference between children and adult thinking

Extra Curricular Activities: I am in a christian sorority and I work as conference and event services here at Michigan but in my free time I enjoy playing the guitar and singing.

Goals: My end is so become a social worker and help people with my background in Psychology

Favorite Part of the Lab: My favorite part of lab is working with the children and families whether it’s over the phone or running studies.

Favorite Food: Pasta- any kind 🙂

Favorite Book: A Book About Love by John Lehrer

Fun Fact: I used to competitively Rock Climb

Thanks Hannah, for everything you do!

-The Conceptual Development Team

A Note from the Lab Manager-

September 2018

Happy September! After an exciting summer, the Conceptual Development Lab is ready to begin an even more exciting school year.

This summer, we have undergone many changes! We were apart of the first MSPICED program, a summer program which brought students from all over the country to University of Michigan to contribute to our research. For more information about our MSPICED program, check out the website or our Tab MSPICED !

Additionally, the Conceptual Development Lab said goodbye to our Lab Manager Sarah Snay. We will really miss Sarah and could not thank her enough for all that she has done for this lab! Wishing her the best of luck in all of her future endeavors!

We also said hello to a new lab manager (me!), a recent University of Michigan graduate Nicole Cuneo. I studied Cognitive Science, on the Cognition and Language track here at Michigan. I am interested in child development and am looking to one day get a PhD in Clinical Psychology! I am so excited to be in this role and look forward to an incredible year!

The Conceptual Development Lab hopes everyone has a smooth transition into the new school year and a happy September. Thank you for reading and we look forward to connecting with you soon!