Assistant Professor of Psychology and Anthropology
[ Email | CV | Google Scholar ]
Alex is an assistant professor in the Departments of Psychology and Anthropology, and a Faculty Member in the Center for Human Growth and Development. She received an AB in Psychology from Harvard, and a PhD in Evolutionary Anthropology with a certificate in Cognitive Neuroscience from Duke.
Graduate Student, Biopsychology
[ Email ]
Rosie is a fourth year graduate student in the Department of Psychology. She received her bachelor’s degree from Oxford, and a masters in Human Evolutionary Biology from Harvard. She is interested in the evolutionary origins of human social cognition, with a particular emphasis on cooperation and theory of mind.
Francesca De Petrillo
[ Email | CV | Website | Google Scholar ]
Francesca is a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse affiliated with the Cognitive Evolution Group. She received her PhD in Environmental and Evolutionary Biology from Sapienza University of Rome. She is interested in the evolutionary origins of human economic behavior.
[ Email ]
Gabrielle received her bachelor’s degree in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and Psychology from the University of Rochester, and then conducted field research in Madagascar examining lemur behavior. She is interested in primate development and metacognition.
Graduate Student, Biological Anthropology
Undergraduate Thesis Student
Megan is a senior at UM majoring in Neuroscience. She is working on an honors thesis examining social cognition and cooperation from an evolutionary perspective in humans.
Collaborators on chimpanzee health, behavior, and aging
- The Kibale Chimpanzee Project
- The Ngogo Chimpanzee Project
- The Kibale EcoHealth Project
- Melissa Emery Thompson (University of New Mexico)
- Tony Goldberg (University of Wisconsin)
- Zarin Machanda (Tufts University)
- John Mitani (University of Michigan)
- Richard Wrangham (Harvard University)
Collaborators on primate and human cognition
- Joshua Buckholtz (Harvard University)
- Laurie Santos (Yale University)
- Felix Warneken (University of Michigan)
Cognitive Evolution Group alumni
- Megan Cole (Lab Coordinator, 2016-18) is currently a graduate student in the Department of Anthropology at the University of New Mexico.
- Hayoung Chang (Honors thesis student; Harvard College ’18, Integrative Biology) is currently a research assistant at Columbia University.
- Yijia Zheng (Undergraduate RA) is currently majoring in Psychology at UM.