Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Retreat at ESGR

from the EEB Chair:
Our 2019 retreat on Saturday at the George Reserve (GR) was a blast: great weather, fantastic location, good food, excellent field trips and discussions and a relaxed, friendly vibe.

That outcome took considerable behind-the-scenes effort and my thanks to our Retreat Committee: Yin-Long Qiu (chair), Tom Duda, Tom Morgan, Rachel Wadleigh and (in particular) Nathan Sadowsky for all their hard work, and to Robyn Burnham (GR director) and Alex Wenner (GR facilities manager) for their very considerable GR prep work. Additional logistics support was provided by Kati Ellis and Linda Garcia and by van drivers Giorgia Auteri, Eric Gulson, Rumaan Malhotra, Nicholas Medina and Teresa Pegan.

Kudos also to our field trip leaders: Catherine Badgley, Robyn Burnham, Eric Gulson, Tim James, Teresa Pegan, Mike Penskar, Tony Reznicek, Erika Tucker, John Vandermeer (and to Trevor Hewitt and Tom Morgan who helped me), to GREEBS and GREEBS president Giorgia Auteri for the graduate student forum, and to Chatura Vaidya, Tamara Milton and Kristel Sánchez for leading the DEI group discussion.

See below a group photo taken by Kensuke Seto (postdoctoral fellow in the James lab) and please accept my apologies in advance if I have missed anyone,
Diarmaid

Published

By Robyn J Burnham

Robyn is a plant biologist to the bone. She has been interested in plants since she was a small child, sent to weed the parts of the garden she could not destroy. She maintains a teeny organic farm with every vegetable that she can squeeze into its hilltop space. Her real passion is vines, and tropical woody ones (lianas) are the best. Her favorite plant? Depends on which moment you ask her...