Eliot Society Resources and Projects

Here you’ll find gathered a variety of materials, serious as well as whimsical (as befits work concerning the author of The Waste Land and Cats). This section will be updated regularly with links to a curated gathering of some of the most interesting and useful material pertaining to Eliot’s life and work.

A message from Tony Cuda and the other editors of The Complete Prose

I write with some news and details about the exciting new online platform for The Complete Prose, which was launched exclusively for Society members at the conference. For the next two months, all society members have free access to the fully revamped and enhanced digital platform, now featuring searchable xml versions of the 8-volume edition, formerly available only in hardcover and PDF. It’s optimized so that you can access it on any digital device–including phones and tablets; it features quick and intuitive new navigation tools, allowing you to jump easily between volumes; and the new search functionality means that you can refine and restrict searches according to a variety of categories, including date range, language, publication type, etc. The new digital text is also paginated consistently with the print and PDF versions, so you can reliably find and cite material from any of the editions. And you can still download and print the PDF version of every text. 

If you are a Society member and have not yet received your login credentials, please contact Anthony Cuda at ajcuda@uncg.edu.

The new edition is a flagship digital humanities resource for Project MUSE and JHUP, who plan to launch to the general public at MLA in January 2023. Before then, during this beta-testing period, I’d like to invite you to send your impressions and feedback to the team at tsecompleteprose@gmail.com. If you discover anything that seems amiss, large or small – formatting, technical issues, search problems – we’ll be most happy to hear from you. If you would like to be more intensively involved with user-testing over the next two months, please contact me directly at ajcuda@uncg.edu. On behalf of the co-editors and the General Editor, Ron Schuchard, I offer my gratitude and look forward to hearing from you!

Other Resources