An Instructor’s Guide to Understanding Privilege
To help us improve your experience on our website, please complete a brief survey by clicking the button below. Thank you!
-LSA Inclusive Pedagogies
The resource guide on this page can be used as a primer for instructors to better understand and attend to the ways privilege operates in the classroom. This downloadable resource guide is broken up into four sections:
1) Introduction to Privilege
2) Why Talking About and Acknowledging Privilege is Difficult
3) Privilege in the Classroom
4) Further Reading on Specific Kinds of Privilege
- To explain what privilege is and is not and why it matters.
- To familiarize instructors with why privilege is challenging to engage with and to help them work through those challenges both personally and with their students.
- To assist instructors in recognizing and addressing the way privilege impacts their classroom.