Collaboratory Staff

Audrey Becker

Administrative Coordinator

collaboratory@umich.edu

Audrey joined the Collaboratory in September, 2018. Prior to that, she was an associate professor of English at Marygrove College in Detroit with research and teaching areas in medieval and early modern British literature. Audrey is the co-editor of Welsh Mythology and Folklore in Popular Culture (2011).

Kristin Hass

Faculty Coordinator

kah@umich.edu

Associate Professor of American Culture, Kristin has been with the Collaboratory since its inception. She is the author of Carried to the Wall: American Memory and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (1998) and Sacrificing Soldiers on the National Mall (2013). Fields of study include: visual culture, material culture, museum studies, memory, 20th-century cultural history.

Sheri Sytsema-Geiger

Project Manager

collaboratory@umich.edu

In addition to working as a strategic partner with the Collaboratory’s Faculty Coordinator, as Project Manager Sheri is responsible for supporting the research teams with budgetary and financial issues, as well as providing reports and financial guidance related to Collaboratory funding policies.  In addition, she facilitates the grant application process, hiring of undergraduate and graduate student research assistants, and oversees the facilities and technologies needs of the Collaboratory and its teams.

Update due to COVID-19: Please be advised that due to COVID-19, I am primarily working on campus in an isolated setting.  My regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 9 - 5:30 but my availability may be periodically reduced.  Email is the best way to reach me, as are chats through Google Hangouts. If you call my office line and leave a message, voice-mails will be forwarded to my email. Requests for virtual meetings may be sent via Google Calendar - my free/busy info is publicly available.

Please be patient during this time, my email volume is much higher than usual and I am responding in priority order. Questions related to teaching and the needs of students are my top priority followed by assisting staff in the units for which I have responsibility.  Funding, hiring, reimbursements, etc.. are lower down the list.  Thank you and stay well!