Physical and Mental Health

Stay in shape and make friends! Enjoy hobbies!

Intramural Sports: Start your own or check here for posts about existing and developing teams.

Rent bikes or camping gear from the University

Play in a musical ensemble

Found a team in the Ann Arbor Rec League, or join one as a “free agent.” If you’d like to join the Irrationals summer kickball team,  a mix of great Ann Arbor folks including some faculty, post-docs and graduate students from the math department, please let Captain Karen Smith know.

Find a therapist by visiting CAPS, the University’s Counseling and Psychological Services.

Get involved in making things better for others and make some friends, through Rackham Student Government, GEO,  AWM or any of our many Outreach opportunities.

Note: If you think you need an accommodation for a mental or physical disability, please contact the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) Office located at G664 Haven Hall.  The SSD phone number is 734-763-3000.  Once your eligibility for an accommodation has been determined you will be issued a verified individual services accommodation (VISA) form.  If your accommodation includes special arrangements for the QR exams or course exams, be sure to present this form to the math-grad-office or your course instructor at least two weeks prior to the exam.

Under construction. Expect to see: general advice, CAPS, links to sleep research, links to imposter syndrome research, links to exercise research,  links to city sports leagues and UM sports…send your ideas and advice!