Olivia Haimerl, Community Manager for the Erdos Institute, would like me to post the following message to the UM community (Graduate students, post-docs, and alumni of both) about the various opportunities for non-academic career exploration and training for Math PhDs they are offering this spring. Check out her detailed message below the poster!
I hope you are all doing well. I am pleased to announce that applications for the Spring 2023 Cohort have opened. We will now be reviewing applications for Spring 2023 on a rolling basis and as an academic member, all students who apply from Michigan will be automatically accepted into the program offerings.
Attached is a flyer that gives students instructions on how to submit an application for next semester. Please feel free to disseminate this flyer and information to your graduate students, graduate alumni, and postdocs. The semester will commence on February 1, 2023 and the program will follow the below schedule:
Spring 2023 Schedule (February 1 – June 9, 2023):
- Career Exploration Seminars
- Invitations to Industry (Weekly)
- Invitations to Entrepreneurship (Monthly: Feb, Mar, Apr)
- Data Science Boot Camp (May 8 – Jun 7 intensive, 4 classes/week)
- Data Visualization
- Software Engineering for Data Scientists
- Quantum Computing
- Interview Prep (Monthly: Feb, Mar, Apr)
- Foundations: Application Materials, Informational Interviews, Behavioral Interviews
- Technical: Whiteboarding, Paired Coding, Case Studies
- 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Resume Review
- Mock Interviews
- Navigating/Negotiating Offers
Don’t hesitate to let Roman or I know if you have any questions or concerns. As the Spring semester approaches, I will send another Michigan-specific flyer to share among the student body as well as the statistics of Michigan students who are in the Spring 2023 cohort.
Olivia Haimerl —