Department of Classical Studies

Classical Studies
Department of Classical Studies webpage
[map id=”11″]

When the University of Michigan opened the doors of its Ann Arbor campus in 1841, its faculty included only two professors: one in Mathematics and one in Greek and Latin Languages (Joseph Whiting). The University has grown quite a bit since then,  of course. The Department of Classical Studies has not fallen behind, though, but in fact has grown with the University into an institution that is both internationally renowned for its scholarly excellence and known to many Wolverines for providing the foundations of their college education through its civilizations courses and language instruction. (For more information please visit: http://www.lsa.umich.edu/classics.)

Previous: Daedalus (UMMA) | Next: Doric Entry Portal (Lorch Courtyard)